University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Metaphysical Dreams/Arts Club
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >
Now viewing page 20 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 5/29/2013 8:25 PM (#23981 - in reply to #23980)
Subject: Re: Metaphysical Dreams/Arts Club

Expert

So good to hear from you Danny!

I wrote a whole lot of things but deleted them, as this forum for a very long time has been about your amazing dreams......I'd like to keep it that  way....the longest running forum! 

Respectfully yours,

Marty, Luckylee asleep with her toy, Poppyhead asleep on the arm of the couch....I wish I had their longevity!!!!

Edited to correct the impression that Poppyhead has a coach which I typoed....by any definitition....she is on a couch.

Edited by mruppert 5/29/2013 8:29 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Danjummai
Posted 5/31/2013 12:16 PM (#23982 - in reply to #703)

PhD Alumni

Good Lord!...Marty Dear...did I hear you right, or I am I sensing something...about the "longest running forum" which you and us make?
You know what Marty, you are one most awesome intellectual that lives - both in spirit and body of course! Not forgetting that invitation to Washington when it storms; as a respected honorable person, I don't expect you to be double-faced. You made a promise Marty. All of our respected forum members bore witness. We wont mind sitting on dung and sharing the dream of our lives. Affluence and luxury does not scare us. We are like you, if I got you right, in terms of real-life austerity or worse - the global village! It's all part of the books and dreams we've crammed in our heads. I remember Sir Paul said something to this effect on a thread somewhere.

I will consider deleting all my posts on metaphysical dreams club as soon as "Dream Stories" is out (if UMS allows / or if members agree). I am almost done with a contract with Strategic Book Publishing and Literary Rights (SBPRA). The JV Contract fee of $297. 00 is what is holding me back. We are already in the storm Marty! http://sbpra.com/author-success-stories/

Shalom!
Ophiucus
Posted 6/1/2013 3:13 AM (#23983 - in reply to #23982)

Forum Administrator

Congratulations on your book acceptance Danjummai.

Can see no reason why UMS should want to hold you back at all!

Be well, 'live long and prosper', write long and dream on,

Blessings

O

Aquarius
Posted 6/1/2013 7:04 AM (#23985 - in reply to #23982)

UMS Guest

Congratulations and Celebrations!

I hope it all goes well and your book becomes a roaring success.

With love - Aquarius 

mruppert
Posted 6/1/2013 11:04 PM (#23987 - in reply to #703)

Expert

"You know what Marty, you are one most awesome intellectual that lives......."

If only that dream of yours were true Danny, if only it were true.

Peace,
Marty and Lucky, Poppy (and I have grown to hate them....all these years....the burden has come to its ultimate climax...those which i love the most....i hate them!)
Aquarius
Posted 6/2/2013 6:23 AM (#23988 - in reply to #23987)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 6/2/2013 4:04 AM "You know what Marty, you are one most awesome intellectual that lives......." If only that dream of yours were true Danny, if only it were true. Peace, Marty and Lucky, Poppy (and I have grown to hate them....all these years....the burden has come to its ultimate climax...those which i love the most....i hate them!)

No harm in dreaming, is there?

Danjummai
Posted 6/3/2013 7:09 AM (#23992 - in reply to #703)

PhD Alumni

VOTE OF THANKS
Thank you Ophiucus, Aquarious, Marty, Sir Paul, Lori and all the esteemed members and visitors of this great fountain (club and forum).While appreciating your invaluable inputs and good-will, I don't know if it is right for me to solicit for your kind assistance in terms of mammon to be able to fully set our dream project, the "Dream Stories," into its next enviable level of accomplishment.

The total fee for the Joint Venture (JV) contract I signed with my publisher (SBPRA) is $995.00 which is to cover for services that include among others, Cover Design; Book Layout; Copy Right Registration; ISBN and Bar Code; Proof Copy and Printing of Book; Marketing e.t.c. The $297 I indicated earlier was my anticipated payment option which if paid binds the contract between me and the Publisher. I regret any not-too-positive impression that input may have caused.

So People, Spirits, Animals, including cats and their able custodian Sir Marty, my target is clear - $995.00, to see whether this dream goes round to come true or not. I signed the contract late last year and like a curse I could not since then raise a dollar my own till date. For this highly metaphysical hold-up I wont feel ashamed to go round you with a cap in my hand for help - my only pouch this PayPal account: danjummai@gmail.com - Thanks to being UMS Student!

Thank you All for being there!

Shalom!
Ophiucus
Posted 6/5/2013 5:01 PM (#24000 - in reply to #23992)

Forum Administrator

Hi Danjummai

I was always advised/told that one should never pay a publisher to publish one's work: unless of course, you want to d-i-y publish.

If something is worthy of publication, a reputable publisher will publish it; if it is not picked for publication, then it might at some future date be recognised and the current time might not be right.

But under no circumstances should one part with one's own hard earned cash - please be careful dear Friend!

Better to approach a literary agent

Very best

O
mruppert
Posted 6/5/2013 7:16 PM (#24002 - in reply to #703)

Expert

Hi guys:
If memory serves, there was an occasion when a question somewhere deep in these forums prompted those of us who have published works to respond. Again, I am in Proustian mode, and as I recall Sir Paul had an extensive list, and I thought it leaned heavily academic, but why would we expect something other than that? Please correct me if my memory is deluded or delusional; or even, G@d forbid, exhibiting signs of senility or simple silliness.
I also recall that our venerable and invincible Doctor J is a published authoress, done with less (resources).

I think that there is a great body of experience here to be drawn on and, thus, I agree with Ophie. If it has merit an agent will peddle it....and it is obvious that your work may have so much merit that the peddling will be easy and not cost you a single
naira.

And there is a hidden lesson in this for those of us who are historically minded. Unfortunately, this must include economics. One US dollar buys about (officially) 158 nairas but with government instability, the exchange fluctuates wildly. That is not the lesson, though.........one UK quid (pound) buys 244 nairas. Hence, the lesson.....the US dollar, the currency of the mightiest nation on the face of the planet, just ain't what it used to be....but the Brits, who diligently take steps to protect their economy seem to win the battle of the bucks.

Peace and Love to all my friends in whatever dimension you all might be,
Marty, Luckylee, Poppyhead (flat pawed floozies with the floy floy)
Aquarius
Posted 6/6/2013 10:11 AM (#24011 - in reply to #24002)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 6/6/2013 12:16 AM ...but the Brits, who diligently take steps to protect their economy seem to win the battle of the bucks...

You could have fooled me!

Do you really think that or is it tongue-in-cheek?

With love - Aquarius

Danjummai
Posted 6/15/2013 11:01 AM (#24025 - in reply to #703)

PhD Alumni

I wish to thank you All for your invaluable inputs and assure you that Dreams Stories is more than ever strengthened - Will keep you posted. www.danjummai.com

PEACE!
Danjummai
Posted 7/23/2013 11:18 AM (#24064 - in reply to #703)

PhD Alumni

Hi Folks,

Dream Stories has start rolling out - POD (Publish On Demand) it's called...Marty, Ophiucus, it's in a homely cuisine!

http://www.naijastories.com/2013/07/dream-stories-1-holy-spirit/?lo...

Enjoy!
Danjummai
Posted 8/3/2013 12:41 PM (#24089 - in reply to #703)

PhD Alumni

Demonic General Omerie
07-31-2013
Joseph came to me with a burden of the spirits. I took him out to meet a prophetess at an isolated suburb near Gombe State Government House. Two of the prophetess’s younger sisters met us at the door, by their side the prophetess’s young and only son. There was no speech. They directed us to where she was in her shrine and went back. At the door she stood her gaze ahead of us. She was in trance. I telepathically communicated to her my friend’s case. She went back in and came back with a luminous spell on her right palm. She cast the spell between where I and my friend stood. The spell melted on the ground and we began to feel a tingling sensation. She looked directly at me and said: “Ahmad! Whatever is inside of your friend is trying to possess you. You are its target – beware!” I looked back at Joseph. His gaze dropped. He turned away and began pacing restlessly back and forth. “She is crazy. Let’s clear out!”He said. The scenario skipped and before us was the silhouette of the prophetess chained in flames of hell. She turned into an iron leopard with burning eyes and a ghoulish mouth that monotonously flapped and gnashed. “Run!” She barked, as if to break from the chains and come after me. It was a warning I understood. It was a grand conspiracy at work. I turned to where Joseph stood and my mind jolted, beside him General Omerie, the hard core demon. I awoke
Ophiucus
Posted 9/6/2013 8:56 AM (#24248 - in reply to #703)

Forum Administrator

I have deleted the post that contained ads and the links therto and am returning this thread to the open Forum, the same will happen with the others in due course, following investigation by the Webmaster. Sorry it has taken a byte of time

It's really all just a dream...
Aquarius
Posted 9/7/2013 7:01 AM (#24258 - in reply to #24248)

UMS Guest

Ophiucus - 9/6/2013 2:56 PM It's really all just a dream...

How right you are! Thanks for attending to the spam.

With love - Aquarius

Danjummai
Posted 9/8/2013 12:43 PM (#24269 - in reply to #703)

PhD Alumni

we are safe now...?

PEACE!!
Ophiucus
Posted 9/9/2013 4:35 AM (#24273 - in reply to #24269)

Forum Administrator

Depends what you mean by safe ...

Some folk still keep posting garbage and I/we keep having to remove it ... two such just now

Such a waste of time, including time wasted by those posting, as the posts/threads just get deleted
Aquarius
Posted 9/11/2013 7:06 AM (#24280 - in reply to #24273)

UMS Guest

Makes you wonder what these people are actually trying to achieve, doesn't it?

With love - Aquarius

Paul Joseph
Posted 9/11/2013 11:29 AM (#24281 - in reply to #24280)

PhD Alumni

Hmm ... there were about four more this morning that fortunately just got removed ... all from new users too ...

Nike was a Greek Goddess was she not? But that is about as metaphysical as the posts get ... though with no acknowledgment to the divine origins of the brand name!!
Aquarius
Posted 9/12/2013 6:28 AM (#24283 - in reply to #24281)
Subject: Nike

UMS Guest

In Greek mythology, Nike was a goddess who personified victory. She was also known as the Winged Goddess of Victory. The Roman equivalent was Victoria. Depending upon the time of various myths, she was described as the daughter of Pallas (Titan) and Styx (Water), and the sister of Kratos (Strength), Bia (Force), and Zelus (Zeal).

Nike and her siblings were close companions of Zeus, the dominant deity of the Greek pantheon. According to classical later myth, Styx brought them to Zeus when the God was assembling allies for the Titan War against the older deities. Nike assumed the role of the divine charioteer, a role in which she often is portrayed in Classical Greek art. Nike flew around battlefields rewarding the victors with glory and fame.

Nike is seen with wings in most statues and paintings. Most other winged deities in the Greek pantheon had shed their wings by classical times. Nike is the goddess of strength, speed, and victory. Nike was a very close acquaintance of Athena, and is thought to have stood in Athena's outstretched hand in the statue of Athena located in the Parthenon. Nike is one of the most commonly portrayed figures on Greek coins.

Now, let's all work out for ourselves what Nike's presence may want to tell us on this forum, why she insists on appearing without asking for permission in a civilised manner.

With love and light,
Aquarius

mruppert
Posted 9/12/2013 6:16 PM (#24288 - in reply to #703)

Expert

Hiya Gang.....
The one thing that is for sure as shootin' is that Nike don't make shoes! They contract with hundreds of different factories around the world to manufacture shoes according to a design. Then, Nike markets them at an exorbitant price. Nike likes factories where workers get about $4.00 USD a DAY, oftentimes way less. Nike likes Americans who will pay $200 USD for a pair of sneaks....or trainers as we say in jolly olde......NO American has ever made a Nike shoe. Oh.....and if you Brits take pride in Umbro......the boys in the Pacific Northwest of the USA are tucking away their brollys at the Nike entrance....'cos Nike owns Umbro.

Peace and Drachmas,
Marty and Luckylee
Aquarius
Posted 9/13/2013 6:55 AM (#24290 - in reply to #24288)

UMS Guest

Thank you, dear Marty, for putting us in the picture. I have never bought a pair of Nike or Umbro shoes. I prefer shoes of decent quality and am fortunate to have a high quality shoe shop in our small town. Best of all I like German shoes and this shop sells them. Somehow they're always just right for me. Not surprising really, is it?

With love and well-shod, as ever - Aquarius

mruppert
Posted 9/16/2013 5:12 PM (#24296 - in reply to #24290)

Expert

Your welcome Aqua! As a tribute to the Brits, my pair of Brit shoes are still going strong, and I have had them for years and years. I have heeled them twice in a quite long walk through time. I have never owned a more comfortable pair of shoes as this pair. I plan on wearing them for many future events...even into the next iteration.

Hugs and Squidges, 

Marty and Luckylee (she has some pretty comfortable paws that she has had for a while, also)

alpha+omega
Posted 9/16/2013 7:36 PM (#24298 - in reply to #703)

Veteran

I wonder who is the God of Greek Gods? Hmmm... I was a member of a fraternity back in the day, but was unable to relinquish my Active Pin because it was Stolen! It was Sigma Phi Delta, International Fraternity of Engineers, Theta Chapter, Pro Bono Professionis. Yet another Paradox created... Q.E.D.? We were/are very mischievous engneers. But I digress....

I found a loophole in their spam maybe... will try it and keep ya posted... http://greentoneproandtrigx2.com/where-to-buy-green-tone-pro-and-tr... Teeehehehe!

Edited by alpha+omega 9/16/2013 8:00 PM
Ophiucus
Posted 9/17/2013 2:48 AM (#24306 - in reply to #24298)

Forum Administrator

Thanks Alpha+Omega

Any assistance gratefully received.

I wanted to keep the one with your comment on for a laugh but I thought on reflection is could encourage them ...

Who is the God of Greek Gods ..? Hmm .. good question. Isn't that what St Paul asked [in a different way!], after he decided not to be Saul on longer?

I always like the Inca idea of Viracocha being the God behind the Gods [if I am remembering correctly, many lifetimes ago, things could have changed ...things do, then again, not really ...]

God as a force from the Unconscious, I guess Jung might have added.

Or, since Aquarius is reading Nietsche, are we all gods? (or is that narcisssim?) Think I need a lie down
Jump to page : < ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >
Now viewing page 20 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software